Place Projects, is a community-centric development group with experience in neighborhood revitalization projects. With the support of neighborhood stakeholders like the Warehouse Arts District Association, The Deuces Live, and 3 Daughters Brewing, Place Projects is spearheading an effort to turn this portion of 22nd Street South into a vibrant part of the community.
The project area stretches five blocks from 1st Ave S. to 6th Ave. S. Place Projects is proposing a new zoning classification, Industrial Mixed-Use or I-MIX.
- Help grow arts and employment opportunities;
- Provide greater housing closer to jobs;
- Permit commerce south from Central Avenue;
- Provide access to the Pinellas Trail and bus rapid transit;
- Strengthen community connections between Central Avenue and the Dueces Main Street.
People of all ages and cultures have embraced the city, with commerce and residential growth pushing west along Central Avenue. But, unfortunately today much of the 22nd Street South Corridor remains vacant or underutilized.
Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
We encourage you to take a look at this map and familiarize yourself with the 22nd Street South Corridor.